Dental care tips for seniors
Maintaining good dental health is very important at any stage of life, but older patients are more at risk. In addition they are usually the patients who most avoid consultation, maybe because they don’t have money or are afraid of the dentist. For this reason we give you dental care tips for seniors:
• Dental caries: More than 90% of those over 65 have suffered tooth decay. In this sense it is very important to go to the trusted dentist at least twice a year. Thus, regular reviews are essential for good oral prevention.
• Bone Loss: The lack of dental pieces or poor placement of prostheses often cause complications with bone loss in the jaw and the mandible. Without the root of the tooth to stimulate the bone, this suffers from a process called resorption. In addition, a bad bite or bad chewing can alter the diet and digestion of the patient. Dental implants are a good solution for this problem.
• Dry mouth: This sensation is also known as xerostomia. This sensation is very uncomfortable for the patient. In general it is due to alterations in the production of saliva. One of the main factors is the intake of medications.
• Periodontal diseases: These are diseases in the gums. The main ones are gingivitis and periodontitis. Gingivitis consists of inflammation and bleeding of the gums, a process that is usually reversible. But if it is not treated in time it evolves to periodontitis that causes the mobility and even the loss of the tooth.
• Dental sensitivity: Over time, the gums retract and the enamel becomes more exposed. This produces dental sensitivity, which causes pain when eating cold or hot drinks as well as some food.
Our dental clinic has expert dentists in different specialties who will treat you in a kind and professional way while you get the best affordable dentistry in Isla Mujeres. Some of the most common dental problems on the elderly are the following:
If you have any doubts about our services, we offer you the possibility to go to a first consultation of free valuation. We invite you to call toll free from USA and Canada 1-800-565-1424 and tell us your doubts or if you are already on vacation in Isla Mujeres and want to meet us, or if you have a dental emergency during your vacations you can call us at the following local number (998) 1-40-51-25.
Make sure to like our Facebook page to know about our promotions!